$25 per person, payable up front.
All money will be dispersed as prizes during the course of the season. $1 per person per week will go to the weekly prize and $3 per person will go to the overall season prize. The remaining $5 is split between the Survivor pool ($2) and the Playoffs Pool ($3).
There will be NO refunds, so if you quit before the end of the season you can sell your spot to whoever you like for whatever you can get and they will assume your points total as far as the overall standings go.
Prizes (assuming 100 users):
- 1st place = $70
- 2nd place = $20
- 3rd place = $10
Overall Season Winners:
- 1st place = $150
- 2nd place = $100
- 3rd place = $50
For 4 places (150-200 players), the weekly, season & playoffs payouts will be: 1st - 55%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 15%, 4th - 10%
For 5 places (>200 players), the weekly, season & playoffs payouts will be: 1st - 50%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 15%, 4th - 10%, 5th - 5%
Seasons standings will be automatically calculated from each individuals top 15 results.
In the event the tie-break fails to do its job for determining the weekly winners the relevant prize money will be split. In the event of ties for the season prizes, the player pick records will be used to determine the winners and if necessary, the prize money will be split.
Note: once the number of players has been determined the actual amounts for the weekly and season prizes will be determined and will be rounded to whole dollar values.
Pick the team you think is going to win and allocate a point value to the game.
Each number from 1-16 can only be used once and invalid picks will be rejected at the time of submission with a warning issued to the user.
If the team you picked wins then you will score the point value that you assigned
that pick. If the team you picked loses you score zero on that pick. If a tie game occurs everyone will score the value they assigned to that game.
The person with the highest total score for the week wins.
For those that have never played this kind of pool before here's a quick hint: allocate 16 pts to the pick you are most confident about, 15 to next, etc. down to 1 pt for the one you are least confident about.
If 14 games are played during a week, when teams have off/bye weeks, allocate from 16 down to 3. You will automatically be awarded points for the two other games (2+1 = 3 points total).
When you submit your picks you will be prompted for the tie breaker. You must predict the total combined score for the teams involved in the Monday night game. The smallest difference between the predicted point total and the actual point total for the game will be used to determine the winner in the case of 1st / 2nd / 3rd place ties. The largest difference will determine the "winner"; in the case of weekly LOSER.
In the event that there is more than one Monday night game, the tie breaker is for the final game of the evening. Also, if there is no Monday game, the tie breaker is for the final game of the week.
Entries are due 1 (one) hour prior to the 1st game of each week, based on Eastern time. For specific submission times, please check the Due Dates page. All entries must be submitted via the Web site. After the deadlines have passed there will be no way to enter your picks for that week.
The object of the Survivor pool is to be the last active player. In order to accomplish this goal, a user must correctly pick the winner of one football game each week. But, to make this somewhat simple task more difficult, a user can only pick each football team once during the season.
- If a correct selection is made, the user will remain active for the following week.
- If the player's chosen team loses, the player is eliminated.
- Games that end in a tie count as a correct pick.
- Teams that are not playing in a specific week cannot be chosen.
- Your pick must be made by the normal pick deadline - 1 hour before the first game of the week.
- The last user(s) remaining wins the entire pool!
- Due to the nature of the pool, late entry will not be permitted.
This NFL playoff pool is based on the concept of ranking all the NFL playoff teams, similar to ranking each weekly game in the main pool:
- Users rank all 12 NFL teams competing in the playoffs from strongest (12 points) to weakest (1 point)
- Users are awarded the number of points assigned to each team when that team wins
- The actual points awarded are based on a progressive point system, by having a point multiplier for each playoff round (see Scoring section below)
- Once a team has been eliminated, it doesn't score any more points
- The points are tallied for each team, by week, and will be added to the users total points
- Note: NFL teams that have earned a bye in the first week will not get any points for that week
- Prize payouts are the same as the season prizes above.
- There is a tie breaker where you must predict the total combined score for the Super Bowl, and it works just like the Monday night tie breaker mentioned above.
If a user assigns 9 points to the Denver Broncos, the user is awarded 108 points when the Broncos win their Divisional Round game. If the Broncos go on to win the AFC Championship game, the user is awarded another 126 points and 135 if they win the Super Bowl.
Points Multiplier Table:
Actual points assigned by round